Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

He looks a strange mix, sure his skin was good but he always looked worn out like he was in his 50's.
The guy led an active life. I mean I'm sure all that traveling and stuff. Also depending on what he ate and I don't know what his drinking habits were but it probably took a lot out of him. I also read that he was a regular smoker, so that probably didn't help.

For a politician who became the leading figure of Republican Party's Conservative Wing, I didn't expect him to be an ally of the LGBT+ Community. Did his fellow members of the party were shocked that they heard this news? Would he support President RFK's plan to put research funds on AIDS Epidemic ITTL? Would Senator Helms bully him because his grandson is Gay and accepts for who he is? What would the Americans would say that he's fighting for the rights of the LGBT+ Community after having conservative rhetoric? It didn't cross my mind and still can't believe that he's supporting them and have every human rights to exist.
My old roommate was fairly conservative but he was pro gay because his sister was bisexual

My old roommate was fairly conservative but he was pro gay because his sister was bisexual
So's Dick Chaney. Even very late in the day while the GOP had very conservative fiscal views, it's only after Reagan that culture wars/outright racism and bigotry comes to the fore.

Last edited:
For your information, while Barry Goldwater does became infamous historically as "Mr. Conservative," that's actually a misconception. He's not conservative; he's a Libertarian. The type that wanted to decrease government's intervention or power while at the same time being socially moderate or even liberal. Meaning tending towards fiscal conservatism and social libertinism. The type that will vote on the decriminalization or legalization of Marijuana and other softcore drugs but either not propose or vote against anti-discrimination bills.
'I want gay marijuana farmers able to defend their crops with automatic weapons' :p

Might just be me, but I feel like "Bobbynomics" would make for a better pun than "Kennedynomics." It just flows a bit better in my opinion. It's your timeline, though!
The in-universe explanation given is that RFK's Bobby nickname is only used by Kennedy family members and close friends. The nickname most widely used by the general public and the wider world is Bob.

Last edited:
Might just be me, but I feel like "Bobbynomics" would make for a better pun than "Kennedynomics." It just flows a bit better in my opinion. It's your timeline, though!
I actually really like the sound of that as well. :) I considered that, but as Nishimura said, Bob Kennedy is known as "Bob", rather than "Bobby" amongst the general public.

"Bobanomics" perhaps?

I actually really like the sound of that as well. :) I considered that, but as Nishimura said, Bob Kennedy is known as "Bob", rather than "Bobby" amongst the general public.

"Bobanomics" perhaps?
That actually doesn't sound bad, Mr. President. Although, i thought that the term Kennedy-nomics is used in-universe to describe the economic policies of not only RFK but also JFK, given the similarities between the two. Or are there some differences in their economic policies, enough to be differentiated into different categories? Did the term mean to describe only RFK's economic policies or both RFK and JFK?

Last edited:
That actually doesn't sound bad, Mr. President. Although, i thought that the term Kennedy-nomics is used in-universe to describe the economic policies of not only RFK but also JFK, given the similarities between the two. Or are there some differences in their economic policies, enough to be differentiated into different categories? Did the term mean to describe only RFK's economic policies or both RFK and JFK?
Good question! I meant it to refer to the "bottom up, a rising tide lifts all boats" economic policies of both Presidents Kennedy. Generally, it calls for tax cuts for the middle and working class where possible, along with substantial investments into social welfare, education, technology, infrastructure, and other long term investments.

Good question! I meant it to refer to the "bottom up, a rising tide lifts all boats" economic policies of both Presidents Kennedy. Generally, it calls for tax cuts for the middle and working class where possible, along with substantial investments into social welfare, education, technology, infrastructure, and other long term investments.
Ah, I see. In which case, in my opinion, given the context, it would be best if the term remained "Kennedy-nomics."

The President and other commenters could correct me on this, but from my recollection of the timeline, MLK, after the success of the civil rights movement, shifted his focus and energy to economic inequality, becoming a champion of the basic income program. He unfornately passed away in 1976.

Edit: ninja'ed by the President himself
Thanks. With so many historical people to remember it's hard to keep track of them all.

Hey,

Real life got in the way a little, so it's good to be back after a while.

I saw a discussion about a guest post for football (The real one, sue me) and I would like to offer my services for such a post for motorsports.
The sixties was a fascinating time for the auto industry in general, and the motorsport world was affected by it as well.
Both Ford and GM ran cars in Touring Car races in Europe, Ford went on to win four 24 Hours of Le Mans in a row (Ford vs. Ferrari is based on this), and a Ford-built V8 engine dominated Formula One for about 15 years (late 60s to early 80s).

Butterflies from this timeline may include more American F1 World Champions than in OTL, more European participation in the CART championship and the Indy 500, and European participation in NASCAR (Ferrari Indy 500 car and BMW NASCAR, anyone?)

It can also act as a pioneer in auto development (as it has IOTL) with many features we take for granted being developed in F1. It can also start experimenting with hybrid power in the 80s (as opposed to 2014, when it started IOTL)

That's all for now, opinions are welcome.

Speaking of Football (American) @President_Lincoln do you think that with Knoxville Tennesse thriving in population they could get their own NFL team ITTL?
As far as I inferred, only the city center was redeveloped and a ton of new businesses opened because of the World's Fair, there was no long-term change in population as such.

Hey,

Real life got in the way a little, so it's good to be back after a while.

I saw a discussion about a guest post for football (The real one, sue me) and I would like to offer my services for such a post for motorsports.
The sixties was a fascinating time for the auto industry in general, and the motorsport world was affected by it as well.
Both Ford and GM ran cars in Touring Car races in Europe, Ford went on to win four 24 Hours of Le Mans in a row (Ford vs. Ferrari is based on this), and a Ford-built V8 engine dominated Formula One for about 15 years (late 60s to early 80s).

Butterflies from this timeline may include more American F1 World Champions than in OTL, more European participation in the CART championship and the Indy 500, and European participation in NASCAR (Ferrari Indy 500 car and BMW NASCAR, anyone?)

It can also act as a pioneer in auto development (as it has IOTL) with many features we take for granted being developed in F1. It can also start experimenting with hybrid power in the 80s (as opposed to 2014, when it started IOTL)

That's all for now, opinions are welcome.
Ooooo.

Definitely would like to see a post on motorsport in the world of Blue Skies, especially in regards to F1!
In fact, not only would I like to see Ayrton Senna surviving his OTL death at Imola, thus meaning he continues to become a prominent figure in the F1 world as well as working on developing the Instituto Ayrton Senna to help the less fortunate in Brazil, but in regards to pop culture, I'd like to see a spiritual successor to John Frankenheimer's Grand Prix film.
The story could go like this. After Sylvester Stallone finishes TTL's equivalent of Rocky IV, it'll be during 1990 when maybe Stallone attends the 1990 United States Grand Prix and maybe meets Ayrton Senna, and is inspired to make a movie about Formula One (maybe made around 1991-1992), to which Ayrton agrees to contribute by serving as a technical advisor (along with other F1 drivers of the time).
And one of the lead stars, is John F. Kennedy Junior, playing an American racing driver going into F1 for the first time, whilst Stallone (who probably directs this movie) plays a retired racing driver turned mentor to JFK Junior's character, Cary Elwes plays his British teammate and Jürgen Prochnow plays his German/Austrian rival.

Ooooo.

Definitely would like to see a post on motorsport in the world of Blue Skies, especially in regards to F1!
In fact, not only would I like to see Ayrton Senna surviving his OTL death at Imola, thus meaning he continues to become a prominent figure in the F1 world as well as working on developing the Instituto Ayrton Senna to help the less fortunate in Brazil, but in regards to pop culture, I'd like to see a spiritual successor to John Frankenheimer's Grand Prix film.
The story could go like this. After Sylvester Stallone finishes TTL's equivalent of Rocky IV, it'll be during 1990 when maybe Stallone attends the 1990 United States Grand Prix and maybe meets Ayrton Senna, and is inspired to make a movie about Formula One (maybe made around 1991-1992), to which Ayrton agrees to contribute by serving as a technical advisor (along with other F1 drivers of the time).
And one of the lead stars, is John F. Kennedy Junior, playing an American racing driver going into F1 for the first time, whilst Stallone (who probably directs this movie) plays a retired racing driver turned mentor to JFK Junior's character, Cary Elwes plays his British teammate and Jürgen Prochnow plays his German/Austrian rival.
I love that Idea