WIP Map Thread

1709939197489.png

I progressed much faster than I had imagined at the outset.

WIP (SUCK color scheme).png

Had some changes of mind as to the exact reach of the Sinosphere (thought areas like South China and even Vietnam/Champa would probably count as Sinosphere as well as the Dar al-Islam). Meanwhile I felt Uyghuristan/East Turkestan would be better under the Turkic sphere rather than Sinosphere (thought Mongolia will probably remain closer to Sinosphere). Meanwhile South/Southeast Asia does include a bunch of non-Muslim states. Also, as my current idea for the backstory (not all the way to the POD but for somewhat closer time period and more limited area) is that Zanzibar at its height would have ruled over pretty much all the states categorised in the outline/plan as Swahili-Sunni either directly or indirectly as well as much of the Malay-Syncretic Muslim area (thought this one would be more indirectly compared to the previous).

Next I think I will try to finish Polynesia before I move on to the rest of Eurasia. (Rest of North America would have to follow after Northern Europe)

Unsure of the date of the final map, probably sometime in early 20th Century AD. Hmm, I might have been too slow in colonisation in some places and too fast in others (mainly for Americas and Australia). A bunch of the colonies in Americas should either be independent or integrated.

1710032863052.png

Should I give Libya independence with the rest of North Africa or would they have gotten swamped by the neutral Italians? (TL191 continuation map)

Also thanks to whoever coined the term Radial Powers to refer to the Entente 2.0 in the Second Great War

Alright, now need to do a legend and probably notes.

Perhaps I could do religious and ethnic/language maps as well.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Croatian provinces or something?

In an ATL yes. The map will address something else about these subdivisions but I don’t want to spoil what that something is.

As it stands, this is a map of Croatian counties and statistical regions in a Croatia that has a relatively large autonomous region for its Serb population.

Part of a TL that’s been in the works for a while.

1815.png

Currently woring on a bit of deconstruction of Decades of Darkness. Featuring an extremely racist US, a South American Wank and a lot of Commies in many weird places

Also you are welcome Canada

Now with Christendom! (well, regions of Muslim states are majority Christian but not the state itself. Ethiopia overall is probably majority or at least plurality Christian but under Shia Muslim rule) Rest of the legend will probably be the Dar al-Islam and Others (mainly Asian Hindu or Buddhist states but also Tawantinsuyu/Inca and the Turkic world).

Oh, also the * next to Ruthenia is to note that it follows the Ruthenian Uniate/Greek Catholic Church.

Oh, also the Roman Catholic Church commands a significant minority in France, Italy, Rum/Rome, Sicily, Sardinia (which in fact might majority be Catholic), Tolosa/Aquitaine, al-Andalus and their colonies current and former. Other significant branches of Christianity are Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, Armenian Apostolic Church, Georgian Orthodox Church, Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and Patriarchate of Kiev and All Rus. (Also Serbian Orthodox Church in Hungarian Banat as well as both Orthodox and Uniate/Greek Catholic Churches in Transylvania)

"Northern Christianity" is not one church but instead each independent state has it's own national church, which doctrine vise is usually pretty similar to Catholicism (but Scotland does possess a large Reformed Church and Denmark an Evangelical one (Evangelical can be read as Lutheran while Reformed can be read as Calvinist for OTL comparison/common name purposes. But probably no Luther and Calvin iitl (speaking of which, might need to rename Hudson Bay))).

Last edited:
Now with Christendom! (well, regions of Muslim states are majority Christian but not the state itself. Ethiopia overall is probably majority or at least plurality Christian but under Shia Muslim rule) Rest of the legend will probably be the Dar al-Islam and Others (mainly Asian Hindu or Buddhist states but also Tawantinsuyu/Inca and the Turkic world).

Oh, also the * next to Ruthenia is to note that it follows the Ruthenian Uniate/Greek Catholic Church.

Oh, also the Roman Catholic Church commands a significant minority in France, Italy, Rum/Rome, Sicily, Sardinia (which in fact might majority be Catholic), Tolosa/Aquitaine, al-Andalus and their colonies current and former. Other significant branches of Christianity are Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, Armenian Apostolic Church, Georgian Orthodox Church, Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and Patriarchate of Kiev and All Rus. (Also Serbian Orthodox Church in Hungarian Banat as well as both Orthodox and Uniate/Greek Catholic Churches in Transylvania)

"Northern Christianity" is not one church but instead each independent state has it's own national church, which doctrine vise is usually pretty similar to Catholicism (but Scotland does possess a large Reformed Church and Denmark an Evangelical one (Evangelical can be read as Lutheran while Reformed can be read as Calvinist for OTL comparison/common name purposes. But probably no Luther and Calvin iitl (speaking of which, might need to rename Hudson Bay))).
View attachment 895040
Why is Ruthenia a part of the Union of Poland?

Why is Ruthenia a part of the Union of Poland?

Before conquest of Ruthenia (and later rest of Poland) by Turkey (Turkish/Turkic Empire/Khanate) it was ruled by Poland for some time. Restored to Polish rule for some time after the division of initial Turkish Empire in Europe it became independent again with Khanate of Saxony/Western Khanate/White Turkey temporarily conquering Poland but returned to Polish rule again sometime after Poland regained its independence from Saxony. It was later conquered by the Great/Central successor to the initial Turkish Empire (ruled by Khagan of the Turks, Khan of Khans, Tsar of All Russia and Grand Prince of Kiev). Rest of Poland was also later conquered.

Later, Germany (Ruling family of Saxony now Christian and Germanified) and Triple Monarchy supported a Polish revolt and created the Polish Free State, which initially reached the Vistula but was later pushed back west. Ruled from Poznan it was ruled by a German dynasty and followed the Evangelical Church of Poland. Sometime after that in another Polish revolt Hungary intervened. Leading to a Catholic Polish Republic around Warsaw and a Kingdom of Poland ruled from Krakow by a member of the Hungarian Royal Family under the Reformed Church of Poland. Three Polands agreed to a defensive alliance against the Turks. Neither the Evangelical nor the Reformed Church had much success in Poland so the rulers of the Free State converted to Catholicism, while the rulers of the Kingdom were overthrown, which after seriously considering unification with one Polish state or other became an elective monarchy. Defensive alliance later became closer as the Polish Confederation, which the Republic of Prussia joined sometime later (which is the Baltic Prussia, not German) despite not fully being a part of the Polish identity. In a later war*, involving Polish states and Scandinavian realms against Turkey (which directly lead to Lithuania and Estonia on the map) Ruthenia was liberated. A provisional government was established with states of the Confederation divided on whether to install a republic or a monarchy. With the republic winning out in a referendum. Ruthenian Republic became the fifth member of the Polish Confederation after that and together with Prussia was instrumental in making the three Polish states drop their pretenses against each other and becoming the Kingdom of Greater Poland (former Polish Free State), Kingdom of Lesser Poland (former Kingdom of Poland) and Republic of Mazovia (former Republic of Poland). This was a great help in moving from the Polish Confederation to the more closely integrated Union of Poland (thought attempts at convincing all the nations into a federation failed with monarchies somewhat nervous about the proposed Republican system of the federation and Prussians and especially Ruthenians concerned for their autonomy).

*This war also lead to a reform in Turkey with a more democratic constitution for a true Constitutional Monarchy, with a more comprehensive system of local governments. It also featured a Russian revolt/war of independence lead from Novgorod which was crushed, but main centers of the rebellion were granted autonomous status, which some Ugric and Caucasian provinces followed (in gaining autonomy, not rebelling). Also the capital was moved from Kiev to Sāriğšın (Tsaristyn/Volgograd) due to Kiev being considered too close to the border.

To provide a bit of context for this, the premise of the map is that nations that fared poorly IOTL do well here. In Europe, Ireland takes control of Scotland while the Dutch form a continental empire. In some countries, political factions that were sidelined do better; in Spain, the comuneros win (destroying the German Habsburgs in the process) and convert Spain to Lutheranism while the French Wars of Religion go the other way and a semi-federal France comes into being. In Asia, the Turkmens, Georgians, Bhutanese and Vietnamese all do better. And yes, that is Algerian New England. I ran out of energy and ideas which explains why the map is unfinished.

Untitled1172_20240317200722.png

Does this style seem alright to y'all so far? I won't be coloring every nation, only those relevant to France (allies, satellites, & enemies) at the time of Napoleon's coronation.