America's Funniest President: Mo Udall Presidency & Beyond

Now onto Shirley Chisholm '96!!!
Paul Wellstone might make a good VP for her
Al Gore would make a good running mate interestingly enough. Over two decades younger, southern, white, male, hailing at least initially from the conservative wing of the party. And I know the author is a fan.
Mind you, I'd say five elections is a bridge too far for the Democrats.

Al Gore would make a good running mate interestingly enough. Over two decades younger, southern, white, male, hailing at least initially from the conservative wing of the party. And I know the author is a fan.
if you want other southern moderates she could choose, there's John Breaux and Ray Mabus

Yeah, definitely though bigger changes are a coming here. One that I know @peeter may or may not like. Any other questions like on 1992 pop culture and so on?

Like, I think a fair bit of the films and music stay the same so far as well as video games so far. Comic books… will be gonna get into that soon, but anything else in particular with y’all growing up in this time period?

I'm surprised Askew and Shirley Chisholm won re-election considering at this point Democrats have been in power for 12 years. Still considering how popular the legislation Askew has pushed it makes sense Americans would want more of him.

I'm surprised Askew and Shirley Chisholm won re-election considering at this point Democrats have been in power for 12 years. Still considering how popular the legislation Askew has pushed it makes sense Americans would want more of him.
One party keeping the presidency for 12+ years isn't that rate actually, especially taking into account possible vote splitting. Anderson may be blamed for the Democrats loss in '88 and his third-party in future elections, despite how true or untrue that may be. If you think about it the Dems kept the White House from 1933 to 1953 and the GOP kept it from 1861 to 1885, 1889 to 1893, 1897 to 1913, and 1921 to 1933; that's 60 out of 72 years.

One party keeping the presidency for 12+ years isn't that rate actually, especially taking into account possible vote splitting. Anderson may be blamed for the Democrats loss in '88 and his third-party in future elections, despite how true or untrue that may be. If you think about it the Dems kept the White House from 1933 to 1953 and the GOP kept it from 1861 to 1885, 1889 to 1893, 1897 to 1913, and 1921 to 1933; that's 60 out of 72 years.
Good points! Thanks for that info :)

Unizens were a large influence but another was while the GOP got their ducks mostly in a row, they really didn’t have a platform or an ideal of sorts to really put up.