As Dreamers Do Part Deux

NBA Conference Finals match ups for 2009

Eastern Conference Finals (Carried by UPN)
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics

Western Conference Finals (Carried by ABC)
San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns

NBA Finals will be carried this year by ABC

flashgordon_LCP.gif

Flash Gordon
Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on May 15, 2009

Produced in association with
King Features Syndicate

Based upon characters created by
Alex Raymond

Directed by
Louis Leterrier

Screenplay by
Zak Penn

Executive Producers
Kevin Feige
Gale Anne Hurd

Music
Brian Tyler

"Flash" from the 1980 version performed by Queen, remixed new additional lyrics by Adam Lambert and David Bowie

Main Cast
Chris Evans as Flash Gordon
Thora Birch as Dale Arden
Stanley Tucci as Dr. Hans Zarkov
Natalie Portman as Princess Aura
Jackie Chan as Ming the Merciless
Brian Cox as General Klytus
Monica Belucci as General Kala
Brian Blessed as Vultan
Taylor Kitsch as Prince Barin

Main Notes
Freddy Mercury's vocals for the 2009 remix of the "Flash" song are still intact. Lambert and Bowie complement Freddie with their vocals.
Brian Blessed is one of few cast members from the 1980 version who came back to play their old roles 29 years later.​
I’ve seen the 1980 film a while back.

Great soundtrack! But a weird, weird movie….

Did Zoog Disney still happen ITTL?
Yes it did. Sorry I didn't answer the first time.

Early on, Zoog Disney was an attempt to repackage reruns of TMNT and the Marvel SatAM shows from earlier in the decade. Then around 2000, The Backstreet Project was added to the lineup.

Then it became its own thing with The Zoogs.

Yes it did. Sorry I didn't answer the first time.

Early on, Zoog Disney was an attempt to repackage reruns of TMNT and the Marvel SatAM shows from earlier in the decade. Then around 2000, The Backstreet Project was added to the lineup.

Then it became its own thing with The Zoogs.
  • Wait, The Zoogs is a series?
  • Zoog Disney was an action block in this timeline, at least at first?
  • I am STILL not over Disney owning TMNT and Marvel (the latter so early, and the former at all) in this timeline

• Wait, The Zoogs is a series?
  • Zoog Disney was an action block in this timeline, at least at first?
  • I am STILL not over Disney owning TMNT and Marvel (the latter so early, and the former at all) in this timeline
Yup. The Zoogs got their own show.

So Weird and Jett Jackson also aired on the block.

Alright, so was discussing this in PM with OldNavy, and he said I could post it to get opinions on it!. ITTL, it is May 2009, exactly a year before the 65th anniversary of The Railway Series which, for those who do not know, is the book series Thomas the Tank Engine is based on. In OTL, as well as this one, the series started in 1945.

Last month, OldNavy made a post saying Disney and BrittAlcrofft were having trouble making a new Thomas movie, and the reason is that it would be too much effort to make both an American version, and an international version, of a film. My idea is a film that will not need two full versions, and will only need different VAs, like the show does OTL, a version OTL's The Adventure Begins.

The Adventure Begins, a 45 minute special released in 2015 to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the franchise, and which is up on YT by the way, from the offical Thomas and Friends channel, is a simply a retelling of the first two books, The Three Railway Engine and Thomas the Tank Engine/The first 7 episodes of the OG show.

The 45 minute special kinda breezed thru the first book, which was the story about Edward pushing Gordon, and the two stories about Henry and the Tunnel, and more focused on Thomas' book, which are the stories where he is pulled by the express, leaves a train behind, is pushed down the hill by trucks, and rescues James from a crash.

In my opinion, a full fledged movie would be able to give proper focus to both books, and would be a great way to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the franchise ITTL, as well as a way to solve the issue of needing 2 versions of the movie ITTL.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to fully explain the idea, what do you guys think?

Alright, so was discussing this in PM with OldNavy, and he said I could post it to get opinions on it!. ITTL, it is May 2009, exactly a year before the 65th anniversary of The Railway Series which, for those who do not know, is the book series Thomas the Tank Engine is based on. In OTL, as well as this one, the series started in 1945.

Last month, OldNavy made a post saying Disney and BrittAlcrofft were having trouble making a new Thomas movie, and the reason is that it would be too much effort to make both an American version, and an international version, of a film. My idea is a film that will not need two full versions, and will only need different VAs, like the show does OTL, a version OTL's The Adventure Begins.

The Adventure Begins, a 45 minute special released in 2015 to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the franchise, and which is up on YT by the way, from the offical Thomas and Friends channel, is a simply a retelling of the first two books, The Three Railway Engine and Thomas the Tank Engine/The first 7 episodes of the OG show.

The 45 minute special kinda breezed thru the first book, which was the story about Edward pushing Gordon, and the two stories about Henry and the Tunnel, and more focused on Thomas' book, which are the stories where he is pulled by the express, leaves a train behind, is pushed down the hill by trucks, and rescues James from a crash.

In my opinion, a full fledged movie would be able to give proper focus to both books, and would be a great way to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the franchise ITTL, as well as a way to solve the issue of needing 2 versions of the movie ITTL.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to fully explain the idea, what do you guys think?
Cool idea my friend

Entertainment News for Mid May 2009
Entertainment News for Mid May 2009

Ahead of E3, Midway Games released a trailer for its new unlicensed hockey video game Hitz the League. The over the top, arcade style game will now allow players to Slash opponents and fight in line brawls. You can even kick an opponent in the face with your skate. The game is expected to receive an M rating from the ESRB
- G4 Attack of the Show

In Moscow's Red Square, Vladimir Putin hosts a parade just for Ray Spum and Butch Hartman, the newest acquisitions for Soyuzmultfilm.
- CNN

President Obama signs the Gus St. Pierre Act into law, adding further protections to make sure child actors' Coogan accounts cannot be exploited by their patents or guardians.
- CNN

The Sports Page
Ahead of the NHL Draft Lottery, the New York Rangers hire Mighty Ducks executive Brian Burke as their new general manager. The Rangers have also hired John Tortorella as their new head coach. Meanwhile in San Diego, Tiffany Disney will promote scouting director Garnet "Ace" Bailey to succeed Burke as her GM.
- ESPN

Ahead of E3, Midway Games released a trailer for its new unlicensed hockey video game Hitz the League. The over the top, arcade style game will now allow players to Slash opponents and fight in line brawls. You can even kick an opponent in the face with your skate. The game is expected to receive an M rating from the ESRB
- G4 Attack of the Show
Damn....................That sounds like a mixture of a average hockey game, but made on crack................
In Moscow's Red Square, Vladimir Putin hosts a parade just for Ray Spum and Butch Hartman, the newest acquisitions for Soyuzmultfilm.
- CNN
Ohhh..............
President Obama signs the Gus St. Pierre Act into law, adding further protections to make sure child actors' Coogan accounts cannot be exploited by their patents or guardians.
- CNN
What's Coogan?

Damn....................That sounds like a mixture of a average hockey game, but made on crack................

Ohhh..............

What's Coogan?
A Coogan account is basically a trust fund for child actors. Basically, a small percentage of a child actor's salary is held in a trust until they turn 18.