Into the Cincoverse - The Cinco de Mayo EU Thread and Wikibox Repository

We don’t know much about Australia in TTL’s present - but from the comparisons in this piece sounds like, much like Canada and Texas, it’s more of an upper-middle income economy with some political turbulence than OTL’s high-income success story.
IMO, That's about as far as you can Nerf Australia reasonably at this point without setting the entire planet *several* points toward craptacular. (And I don't remember if the TL had Australia include New Zealand, which at least half of the TL with PODs in the 19th century are legally required to do)

We don’t know much about Australia in TTL’s present - but from the comparisons in this piece sounds like, much like Canada and Texas, it’s more of an upper-middle income economy with some political turbulence than OTL’s high-income success story.
I want to get there soon, though it’s definitely a good amount ahead of Canada/Texas even if not where it lands OTL. I’d say more of a 50k GDP per cap economy rather than a 60k one
IMO, That's about as far as you can Nerf Australia reasonably at this point without setting the entire planet *several* points toward craptacular. (And I don't remember if the TL had Australia include New Zealand, which at least half of the TL with PODs in the 19th century are legally required to do)
it does; that’s part of what brings its economy down a notch, incidentally. But of all our Anglosphere countries mentioned, Oz has the least problems, at least in present day
TTL 21st century US Presidents revealed (So far)
???- Before the 2004 election
Roger Goodell (2005-2013)
Brian Schweitzer (2013-2021)
Brian Sandoval (2021- )
Correct

EDIT: Goodell resigns early in disgrace, I don't believe I've revealed his VP who becomes President

Last edited:
I want to get there soon, though it’s definitely a good amount ahead of Canada/Texas even if not where it lands OTL. I’d say more of a 50k GDP per cap economy rather than a 60k one

it does; that’s part of what brings its economy down a notch, incidentally. But of all our Anglosphere countries mentioned, Oz has the least problems, at least in present day

Correct
And here I was hoping that South Africa was the shining city on the hill... (snark)

And here I was hoping that South Africa was the shining city on the hill... (snark)
It is much better than OTL - but, ironically, without the Kimberly Fields and the Witwatersrand, it lacks much of the OTL borders’ mineral wealth and thus slides quite a bit down the affluence scale even if politically it is a much more stable and harmonious place

It is much better than OTL - but, ironically, without the Kimberly Fields and the Witwatersrand, it lacks much of the OTL borders’ mineral wealth and thus slides quite a bit down the affluence scale even if politically it is a much more stable and harmonious place
Does that mean there is a Boer (Dutch speaking) state?

Personally, I'd kinda love to get a look at mondern Seqouya and see what it's politics looks like currently. There haven't been too much mentioned about them yet, and I'm intrigued!

Personally, I'd kinda love to get a look at mondern Seqouya and see what it's politics looks like currently. There haven't been too much mentioned about them yet, and I'm intrigued!
I need to flesh that out more; the model is basically "Native Kazakhstan/Dubai" but I'm yet unsure how I want to balance various tribes against each other (information on the Cherokee and Choctaw nations is easiest to find on Wikipedia compared to the Osage, Creek/Muscogee, etc) and there'll be a decent amount of foreign settlers in SQ for oil work. I will admit, that recent and wholly absurd proposal to build a 600m supertall skyscraper in Oklahoma City did get me thinking that "Cherokee Petrostate Oklahoma" would probably do something like that IOTL, and maybe "Sequoyah City" is something akin to a North American Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Almaty?
Shady oil billionaire Steve Martin is the content I'm here for.
Haha well thank you!

I need to flesh that out more; the model is basically "Native Kazakhstan/Dubai" but I'm yet unsure how I want to balance various tribes against each other (information on the Cherokee and Choctaw nations is easiest to find on Wikipedia compared to the Osage, Creek/Muscogee, etc) and there'll be a decent amount of foreign settlers in SQ for oil work. I will admit, that recent and wholly absurd proposal to build a 600m supertall skyscraper in Oklahoma City did get me thinking that "Cherokee Petrostate Oklahoma" would probably do something like that IOTL, and maybe "Sequoyah City" is something akin to a North American Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Almaty?
This could also mean it might have a darker side too.
Maybe we can see poorest of the Confederate citizens going there to work like slaves (irony, I know), sort of like what is happening in Dubai.

This could also mean it might have a darker side too.
Maybe we can see poorest of the Confederate citizens going there to work like slaves (irony, I know), sort of like what is happening in Dubai.
Tribal communal land ownership had this effect, ironically enough, even without Dubai-style labor laws

A North American Dubai would be fairly interesting to see. Burj Tsalagi or something like that. (Yeah, I know "Burj" isn't Cherokee, but I don't really know what "tower" is in Cherokee)

A North American Dubai would be fairly interesting to see. Burj Tsalagi or something like that. (Yeah, I know "Burj" isn't Cherokee, but I don't really know what "tower" is in Cherokee)
My only hesitation with the Dubai/Vegas comparison is I'm not super up to speed on OKC's OTL climate; is it the kind of place that would draw tourists, year round, once the Tribes decided they want to diversify out of purely oil money?

My only hesitation with the Dubai/Vegas comparison is I'm not super up to speed on OKC's OTL climate; is it the kind of place that would draw tourists, year round, once the Tribes decided they want to diversify out of purely oil money?

Well, according to their tourism site, they only get 10 inches of snow a year, and winters are generally semi-warm (at least from the point of view of this Wisconsin boy).

I mean, if they are leaning into gambling and the like, I suspect people will turn up. Weather doesn't usually dissuade people from hedonistic enterprises ;)

TNN - Breaking News (February 6, 2024)
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY

Explosion at Stockholm Olympic Stadium Deemed Intentional - Developing
(Turner News Network - February 6, 2024)

The explosion early this morning on the grounds of Stockholm's Olympic Stadium in Solna, Sweden, on the fifth day of the 2024 Winter Olympic Games, has now been ruled by the Swedish National Police's Special Investigations Group as being "an intentional terrorist act." One stadium employee is dead and six are injured in the first major terrorist attack on Swedish soil in decades and dozens of Olympic events have been postponed today and tomorrow, and the city has been placed on a full lockdown as police and army deploy across Stockholm. Prime Minister Ebba Busch assured Swedes that "all resources needed for this investigation are being made available to Stockholm and the National Police" and vowed "those who committed this act, will be brought to swift justice." More than eight hours after the attack, there has still not been any claim of responsibility by any active group.

Arriving in San Antonio this morning for the 22nd North American Leaders Summit, President Brian Sandoval extended his condolensces "and those of the American people" to Sweden and stated that he would likely be calling Prime Minister Busch "when it is practical for her to take my call - I imagine she's got a heck of a lot on her plate right now." Similar sentiments were voiced by the summit's host, Texas President Matthew McConaughey, as well as Canadian Prime Minister Peter Julian in their joint press conference this day ahead of the summit's beginning this afternoon.

Well, according to their tourism site, they only get 10 inches of snow a year, and winters are generally semi-warm (at least from the point of view of this Wisconsin boy).

I mean, if they are leaning into gambling and the like, I suspect people will turn up. Weather doesn't usually dissuade people from hedonistic enterprises ;)
Between alt-Vegas, Cherokee Dubai, New Orleans, Cancu-iami, and non-Communist Havana, Americans ITTL will have a ton of choices of places to vacation for their hedonistic needs before taking into account how the Mexican and Mayan Rivieras develop with a richer, more affluent Mexico!

THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY

Explosion at Stockholm Olympic Stadium Deemed Intentional - Developing
(Turner News Network - February 6, 2024)

The explosion early this morning on the grounds of Stockholm's Olympic Stadium in Solna, Sweden, on the fifth day of the 2024 Winter Olympic Games, has now been ruled by the Swedish National Police's Special Investigations Group as being "an intentional terrorist act." One stadium employee is dead and six are injured in the first major terrorist attack on Swedish soil in decades and dozens of Olympic events have been postponed today and tomorrow, and the city has been placed on a full lockdown as police and army deploy across Stockholm. Prime Minister Ebba Busch assured Swedes that "all resources needed for this investigation are being made available to Stockholm and the National Police" and vowed "those who committed this act, will be brought to swift justice." More than eight hours after the attack, there has still not been any claim of responsibility by any active group.

Arriving in San Antonio this morning for the 22nd North American Leaders Summit, President Brian Sandoval extended his condolensces "and those of the American people" to Sweden and stated that he would likely be calling Prime Minister Busch "when it is practical for her to take my call - I imagine she's got a heck of a lot on her plate right now." Similar sentiments were voiced by the summit's host, Texas President Matthew McConaughey, as well as Canadian Prime Minister Peter Julian in their joint press conference this day ahead of the summit's beginning this afternoon.
Oh dear.

Correct. Born in Waco, TX iOtL and for some reason the idea of him as a shady oil billionaire appealed to me

Thank you for giving me the idea!

Pre-war Zelenskyy, at least. Haha and thank you!

Yeah, Jaime Rodriguez is exactly the kind of cartoonish whacko I love to play with, I’ll need to get around to a Mexico-specific update to really dig into him
Unless the Confederates are stupid enough to pull a Putin, at which point McConaughey turns into a grizzled war leader.