Map Thread XXII

Is Rhode Island really big enough for Petoria to be a loose confederation?
Also, why is there a Republic of the United Homosexuals in rural Quebec of all places?
How is the American Reich democratic?
1. Because it was made as a joke state, and it barely has a government
2. They were expelled by the Ultra-Catholic New French Revisionist State
3. Its divided between three political parties: The Amerikanisch Party (German-American Separation) The Kaiserliche Party (Imperial German Party) and then of course Amerikanische Nazi-Partei (American Neo-Nazi Party). Since none currently has an advantage, the state is a Strong-Government Democracy for now.

This again, but now with mapped ideologies for the American Warlords, might make the rest in the future.
Here are other weird as hell countries that I demand to know more about:
  • The Mr. Beast Clique (He's not THAT popular.)
  • Republic of Ukraine (I know there are Ukrainians there, but couldn't they have picked a better name?)
  • International Labor Camp (That can't be good.)
  • United Gamers of America (Why in New England?)
  • United Chinatown of Cascadia (Why there?)
  • Degenerate Island (???)
  • Republic of Canadia (Why the i?)
  • New Netherlands (That's Michigan.)
  • Principality of Islandia (Evil Sealand be like:)
  • Republic for the Congress (For?)
  • Aqistan (Huh?)
  • Republic of Slowjamistan? (Huh???)

What's up with the British Republic of Canada beneath Trudeau's Republic? How did the collapse of Canada unfold?
After Quebec seceded, Trudeau attempted to seize more power in Canada. The ensuing chaos caused the collapse, but Trudeau managed to rally his supporters to take over the Huron Peninsula. However, he was in competition with the Niagaran People's Republic, and the ensuing conflict allowed the secession of Rathanelly and the British Republic.

Here are other weird as hell countries that I demand to know more about:
  • The Mr. Beast Clique (He's not THAT popular.)
  • Republic of Ukraine (I know there are Ukrainians there, but couldn't they have picked a better name?)
  • International Labor Camp (That can't be good.)
  • United Gamers of America (Why in New England?)
  • United Chinatown of Cascadia (Why there?)
  • Degenerate Island (???)
  • Republic of Canadia (Why the i?)
  • New Netherlands (That's Michigan.)
  • Principality of Islandia (Evil Sealand be like:)
  • Republic for the Congress (For?)
  • Aqistan (Huh?)
  • Republic of Slowjamistan? (Huh???)
1. I feel like he would have enough influence to have a small coastal clique, especially because Virginia and Carolina are in civil wars.
2. Ukraine in this scenario was conquered, and its basically a government in exile
3. Its the result of Guantanamo Bay seceding
4. Because a lot of population is nearby, and it rose up after the fall of the New England People's Republic
5. China attempted to invade but failed, and the ensuing hate towards Chinese-Americans caused them to migrate inland.
6. A bunch of Internet Degenerates came here because warlords have bad internet
7. This clinically insane guy saw a vision that he had to unite America and Canada under "Canadia"
8. Thats actually where a Dutch-American community lives https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Americans
9. It is a real micronation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Islandia
10. The Congress was one of the main components for America's collapse, and so it made a Republic for it to still exist
11-12 Micronations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaqistan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Slowjamastan

Shot in the dark, but does anyone remember a map showing the favorability of the United States among states in a looser USA? I believe the lore included a few states having left already, one I think to join Canada. Bit like the EU, but it's in the USA.

I like this. What are the status of the neutral states - are theuy de facto independent? Why is Texas independent and not part of thre Alliamnce?
PS/BTW I should warn you this is likely to be flagged as 'current politics', I know 2020 was four years ago, but still!
Should clear that it’s not the same 2020 election.
Neutral States are this weird in-between… they are still considered apart of the union. Yet function on their own and defend themselves from either Illinois was a neutral state until Alliance forces violated its neutrality. Texas being inde is more the request of my bf since he lives there and he likes anything with independent Texas :)

yFNJ0ge.png

Ethnic White:...................lowest Mississippi (5.7%);..........highest Ohio (82.2%)
Asian-American:....................lowest Arkansas (1.4%);........highest Alaska (18.1%)
African Immigrant Background:.........lowest Maine (0.5%);.......highest Florida (20.7%)
Afro-American:................lowest New Hampshire (0.4%);...highest Mississippi (75.9%)
Scots-Irish:...............lowest Federal District (2.3%);.highest West Virginia (57.1%)
non-Scots-Irish Anglo-American:.lowest Mississippi (2.8%);.......highest Vermont (54.6%)
American Indian:...................lowest Arkansas (0.1%);........highest Alaska (35.0%)

yFNJ0ge.png

Ethnic White:...................lowest Mississippi (5.7%);..........highest Ohio (82.2%)
Asian-American:....................lowest Arkansas (1.4%);........highest Alaska (18.1%)
African Immigrant Background:.........lowest Maine (0.5%);.......highest Florida (20.7%)
Afro-American:................lowest New Hampshire (0.4%);...highest Mississippi (75.9%)
Scots-Irish:...............lowest Federal District (2.3%);.highest West Virginia (57.1%)
non-Scots-Irish Anglo-American:.lowest Mississippi (2.8%);.......highest Vermont (54.6%)
American Indian:...................lowest Arkansas (0.1%);........highest Alaska (35.0%)
Good Designed Map but what exactly is the difference between this and OTL?

Good Designed Map but what exactly is the difference between this and OTL?
A couple of major differences:
  • The existence of the Ethnic White and Scots-Irish categories as separate categories, which alludes to some of the ways TTL's United States understands (read: intentionally misunderstands and obscures) race.
    • The lack of Hispanic/Latino as a top-level category, for the same reason and for what it implies about Latinidad in the United States
  • A significantly smaller Great Migration of Black Southerners: much larger Black populations in the South, much lower in the Midwest.
  • An Asian-American population even more disproportionately located west of the Rockies than IOTL

yFNJ0ge.png

"tomorrow, perhaps the future" seems to be a book about the foreign women and spanish civil war, where is this based from exactly?

-- CONTRITA NON SED VICTA --
The Eastern Roman Empire was created in conjuction with the Western Roman Emperor after DIocletian split the Roman Empire into two halves. The West would go on to fall, and the East would adopt Hellenization over time, but still keeping the title of Roman Emperor. In fact, after the fall of the West, Emperor Zeno put into effect the Constantinople Declaration, stating that only the Emperor of the East had the authority to declare a new Western Emperor. The Papacy despised this, and when he was subjagated by Justinian the Great, he hated it even more. So only a few decades after the death of Justinian, the Pope declared himself Emperor and took over Italy. Neither would be able to conquer each other, and both agreed to the Peace of Dyrrhachion, where Maurice was recognized as controlling Greece, and the Pope was recognized as controlling Italy. Despite this, they still claimed all of eachother's territory, a relation that would cause several rebellions and wars. During the Papal-Byzantine War, Egypt seceded as the Neo-Ptolemaic Kingdom, causing Africa to declare independence as well. After this, East Rome was mutilated but it got worse during the Arab Wars, where they were pushed out of the rich province of Syria. They continued to fight against the Arabs, Bulgars, and Cumans but their greatest threat was the Seljuk Empire, who had conquered Khazaria and was heading south on both fronts. Byzantium was aided by the Kingdom of Britannia with Soldiers and Boats, and in the Battle of Manzikert the Joint Greek-British Army destroyed the Seljuks. The aid of Britannia would not go unreturned, as Romanos IV crowned Britannic King Arthur III the Western Emperor. The Action caused the reformation of many rump states, with Pannonia declaring a Republic, Africa declaring its own Empire, and Soissons declaring a Kingdom. The Next Years would be tough but survivable. The toughest was the Albanian War, where the Papacy invaded shortly after the Third Slavic Migration, establishing a puppet King of Albania. At the same time, the Cumans invaded Thrace, and migratory Turks established the Sultanate of Rum. These would be defeated eventually, but its troubles would not completely end. The rise of Colonialism would lead to Byzantium becoming a second-rate Great Power. Byzantium from then on would mostly stay out of huge wars, only joining when others offered them land. Over the Early Modern Era, Byzantium would focus on Hellenizing the Turks and Slavs, making them all but ethnically Greek. This would be the norm until the Great Frankish Wars, where Hohenzollern, the Master of Europe, would invade, but with the help of the Volgan Rus would beat him all the way to Frankfurt. After this though, Emperor Theodosius V would be forced to give up power in favor of a Constitutional Empire. In World War I, Byzantium would stay neutral and stop any Warships from entering the Bosporus, much to the displeasement of Volga. In The Second World War, however, Byzantium was invaded by the Entente, and fought fierce battles in Thrace and Macedonia. Sadly, they were pushed to the Ancient Walls of Constantinople, but the Battle of Constantinople was won, a huge victory remembered alongside those of DL-Day and the Battle of Grozny. Afterwards, The Empire embraced Secularism and joined the UE in 1965. During the Frozen Wars, they remained an ally of the Triple Federation and remain one to this day.
CnsV ERE.png