P&S - a tentative nuke target map for NW Italy

Awaiting Mario Rossi's (of P&S: Noi Non Ci Saremo fame ;) ) more authoritative opinion upon the matter, in this map 28 nuke devices of various yield (four main yields: about 25 kt, about 600 kt, about 2.5 and about 10 MT) are virtually detonated all over NW Italy - the area here considered is that west of the rivers Adda, Taro and Magra, so half of Lombardy plus Piedmont, Valle d'Aosta, Liguria and a solid chunk of Emilia.
The file is in .kml format, to be opened in Google Earth.

http://depositfiles.com/files/6lng1edfy

There are also a couple misses, one is a near one, that in the higher Bormida, intended for Pian dei Corsi NATO communication bases, but groundburst some kms west; another one is near Lanzo Torinese-Balangero, originally intended for a French air force base somewhere near Lyon or St.Etienne but fell far short due to circuitry failure and, in no small part, foul weather.
The circles you can see by opening the kml file in Google Earth are intended to show the limits of the theoretical thermal damage capable of causing at least second-degree burns in people exposed. I kept in mind that 21st February, 1984 was rainy, and that some areas woould be hit more than once. I also mused on the fact that maybe some weapons wouldn't be launched by officers horrified at the idea of actually launching, but *here* the effect would be negligible. The circles obviously don't show where terrain features could protect areas from the thermal flash, be it groundburst or airburst detonation.

IRC Bologna was designed as target, because of the train hub (block the Bologna railway section and you can basically divide Italy in two)...not that i start protesting the non inclusion of the city where i live in the nuclear target list;)

IRC Bologna was designed as target, because of the train hub (block the Bologna railway section and you can basically divide Italy in two)...not that i start protesting the non inclusion of the city where i live in the nuclear target list;)

C'è solo il nordovest, qui, oltre la linea Adda-Taro-Magra. Il resto non è incluso.

GAH! All of y'all speaking in a "secret language" is causing me to want to strangle all of you. You could be insulting the rest of us without any of us knowing!;) JK!

And if not! Don't Get Any Ideas!

On a more serious note, it's actually pretty cool to see someone talk in a language other that English on the forum. It adds a whole different layer of feeling to the TL. Its surreal.

And one final question: I can't download the map for some reason. Do you have a different mirror or somthing?

-Gen_Patton

"On a more serious note, it's actually pretty cool to see someone talk in a language other that English on the forum. It adds a whole different layer of feeling to the TL. Its surreal."

I second that. Always good to pick up a phrase or two...or hundreds :D

GAH! All of y'all speaking in a "secret language" is causing me to want to strangle all of you. You could be insulting the rest of us without any of us knowing!;) JK!

Too late...bwahahahhaaha

On a more serious note, it's actually pretty cool to see someone talk in a language other that English on the forum. It adds a whole different layer of feeling to the TL. Its surreal.

And one final question: I can't download the map for some reason. Do you have a different mirror or somthing?

-Gen_Patton

You're to choose FREE downloading, than in 60 seconds you should be able to download the file. It may happen sometimes that the site tells you that download slots are clogged. Retry later.

Ufficialmente, solo in inglese.
Officially, English only.
Ma siccome siamo italiani, non rispettiamo le regole.
But being us Italians, we do not follow rules.

Preferisco usare il termine: 'Interpretare le regole' è più carino;)
I prefer the term: 'we interpret the rules' it's more nice;)