The Daughters of Aragon: Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon have six daughters

During the marriage of Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII, Catherine ended up becoming pregnant six times of which four resulted in stillbirths, one in 1511 that produced a baby named Henry who lived less than 2 months and one that produced the future Queen Mary I.
However, what would happen if all of Catarina's pregnancies were successful, but they all produced girls?
Princess Elizabeth (born 13 March 1510) (Named after Elizabeth of York, mother of Henry VIII)
Princess Mary (born 1 January 1511) (Named after Maria of Aragon, Queen of Portugal)
Princess Catherine (born 30 October 1513) (Named after Catherine of Aragon)
Princess Margaret (born 4 November 1514) (Named after Margaret Beaufort, grandfather of Henry VIII)
Princess Cecily (born 18 February 1516) (Named after Cecily of York, Aunt of Henry VIII) (OTL Mary I)
Princess Joan (born 24 December 1518) (Named after Juan, Prince of Asturias and Girona and Joana, the Mad Queen)

Last edited:
Well, OTL he argued that his marriage to Catherine was invalid because of Leviticus 20:21: “If a man shall take his brother’s wife, it is an impurity; he hath uncovered his brother’s nakedness; they shall be childless."

It’s going to look pretty silly if he claims that when he has six living children by her. Which doesn’t mean he won’t try, of course.

Also, the elder daughters will be of marriageable age by the time Henry starts considering divorce, which complicates things. And they could well be married with children of their own by the time Henry snuffs it. So Edward VI (assuming his birth is not butterflied) will have to deal with six older half sisters and their husbands/kids, as opposed to one unmarried one with no kids.

Last edited:
Well, OTL he argued that his marriage to Catherine was invalid because of Leviticus 20:21: “If a man shall take his brother’s wife, it is an impurity; he hath uncovered his brother’s nakedness; they shall be childless."

It’s going to look pretty silly if he claims that when he has six living children by her. Which doesn’t mean he won’t try, of course.

Also, the elder daughters will be of marriageable age by the time Henry starts considering divorce, which complicates things. And they could well be married with children of their own by the time Henry snuffs it. So Edward VI (assuming his birth is not butterflied) will have to deal with six older half sisters and their husbands/kids, as opposed to one unmarried one with no kids.
Speaking of marriage, any proposals for the princesses? Elizabeth would probably marry a native Englishman since she was the heir presumptive, the others would be free to marry foreign princes, any suggestions?
(I know this can be very unrealistic, but how about George Boleyn marrying Elizabeth?)

Princess Elizabeth (born 13 March 1510) (Named after Elizabeth of York, mother of Henry VIII)
Princess Catherine (born 1 January 1511) (Named after Catherine herself)
Princess Margaret (born 30 October 1513) (Named after Margaret Beaufort, grandfather of Henry VIII)
Princess Joan (born 4 November 1514) (Named after Juan, Prince of Asturias and Girona and Joana, the Mad Queen)
Princess Mary (born 18 February 1516) (Named after Maria of Aragon, Queen of Portugal)
Princess Cecily (born 24 December 1518) (Named after Cecily of York, Aunt of Henry VIII)
Rigjt names but slightly wrong order - Elizabeth is good for the first but I think Mary would be the second daughter, Katherine the third, Margaret the fourth, then Cecily, and finally Joan

Speaking of marriage, any proposals for the princesses? Elizabeth would probably marry a native Englishman since she was the heir presumptive, the others would be free to marry foreign princes, any suggestions?
(I know this can be very unrealistic, but how about George Boleyn marrying Elizabeth?)
I think Henry would have had Elizabeth married off to Charles V. Charles married in 1526 and she would be of perfect age for him. Also, he was still hoping for a son in the mid-1520s...

I think Henry would have had Elizabeth married off to Charles V. Charles married in 1526 and she would be of perfect age for him. Also, he was still hoping for a son in the mid-1520s...
so we have a chance of a personal union between England and Spain/Germany, Francis I's eyes would be popping out of their sockets with that perspective.
A marriage between the two would also make an attempt at a "divorce" by Henry VIII even more difficult, as he would be trying to turn the emperor's wife into a bastard.

so we have a chance of a personal union between England and Spain/Germany, Francis I's eyes would be popping out of their sockets with that perspective.
A marriage between the two would also make an attempt at a "divorce" by Henry VIII even more difficult, as he would be trying to turn the emperor's wife into a bastard.
If Francis had any brains, he would be trying to get one of the girls as queen of France, maybe the youngest one. That way he can chip in on the inevitable mess that comes with an empire that massive.

It’s going to look pretty silly if he claims that when he has six living children by her
It looked pretty silly when he claimed that IOTL too. He's going to try - but her point that they HAVE had children will be stronger than ever. (Also, if he still dumps Katherine for Anne, why she didn't bring up Mary Boleyn is beyond me...)

You think Henry wouldn’t lock ‘em all up like he did with Mary?He was afraid of son in laws fighting against him.