I - A SICK NATION
THE IRON EAGLE
FALLEN EAGLE

A SICK NATION

1713727673201.png

"I am sorry, sir... I know that is not an easy news to receive, if you need a moment before I continue..."

The doctor trailed off as if expecting the patient to interrupt him, but the old man before his eyes just seemed too shocked to even come up with a question. He was not immortal, naturally, but sometimes a person does feel immortal. When you get to this level of power, there is little you can think that may limit yourself. He had been shot, he had been assaulted, he could still remember how he tried to cower away from physical fights as a child (which never stopped him from being combative with words), and now Cancer? It was hard to imagine that could beat him, if he had a fraction of the energy he used to have, he would have hoped to fight this off, but there was just that feeling at the back of his head that this was it, after over 70 years he could not have kept death away anymore.

Huey Long was a fighter, but fighting against God was a whole different thing, he had seen the signs before, time had come for him to pay the bill for his sins, and surely his silver tongue would not be able to save him from his creator. He quickly realized that the doctor was still there and nodded, as if telling him to continue even if the only thing left to hear him was the husk of his decaying body.

"It can be treated with therapy, sir, but the best prognosis I can give for Lung Cancer at your stage is two years, perhaps three if the treatment yields results-"

"No, that will be all."

The Medic looked incredulous of what Long said at first, he had seen elders resigning themselves to a disease before, but he would never imagine that from the man before him. For 20 years, this man was everything the news talked about, he was the one behind every decision, facing off against all enemies, but now he was simply giving up against this? He thought of trying to talk him into treating himself, but he knew his patient's temper. Long coughed quite violently after, it took half a minute for him to stop, perhaps the 2 year prognosis was being too optimistic, his lungs were ravaged by the tumors.

"In that case, God bless you Mr. Long. If you change your mind about a treatment, call me."

Huey stayed seated alone in his house that evening, that comfortable apartment in Washington which has been his home for the last 6 years since he returned to this arena, it was rare for him to drink these days but he figured to not have much else to lose, so he opened a bottle of wine that he was reserving for this year's election. By all accounts his seat and position as speaker was assured, but the national election was the problem, Smith had been too much of a hindrance. Nonsense, why was he even thinking about a National Election when he would probably be dead in just a year or so? The stress of politics took it's toll. His greed and ambition, the pettiness of never allowing anyone else to call the shots in Washington or in the Populists as long as he lived, that drove him to come back here when he could have lived a tranquil life at Winnfield, it would have avoided this sickness.

"Mr. Speaker? Senator Johnson has arrived."

Came in the sound of his secretary through the phone, a woman named Amelia, even his former secretary had retired from age, that should be telling of how long he has been in this thing. He spent the last 40 years living through politics, this year would be the anniversary of his own election as Governor, but even before that he had been a politician, even before being elected for anything he had been a politician.

"Send him in."

Lyndon had arrived in his living room, the old Johnson was still as tall and imposing as ever, a Texan to the bone, they had their differences, sure, but Long still took the effort to get on his feet, using his cane to steady himself. He shook the man's hand, trying to put some good ounce of strength so that the Shark did not smell the blood. Lyndon was named as "The Shark" in the Party for a reason, the man was a predator who would pounce on the first sight of blood, he never missed the chance to pick up some big fight, he still remembered how much of a debacle it was to face him when Lyndon took Hoffa's side in the Civil Rights Act. Not like it mattered much when the Act was repelled.

"Tell me, Johnson, would you like some wine? It was a good year this one, a French from before the War."

"I am more of a Whiskey man, Huey."

That he was, Lyndon would seat on the chair opposite to Long's and the two stayed quiet for a moment. Huey was one of the few people in DC who was immune to Johnson's method of getting up close and looking down, not because he was particularly tall, but because Long was in politics since Lyndon was in College.

"There are elections coming up, have you thought of a good name for Vice?"

That was a trick question, of course Johnson was thinking of himself.

"Smith will be running again?"

"You know him, he thinks God chose him for it and cannot be talked out. I would rather not have him be another Hoffa or join the Dems. Yes, he will run, and I need you there for him."

Johnson finally was hearing those words, Long wanted him as a Vice-President, a Populist back at the Vice-Presidency and an end to this uncomfortable alliance with the Democrats. God only knows how much of a headache it was for both of them to keep the party united these last four years.

"I hope that will be enough for that Negro to shut up about party values."

Johnson gave a joke that Long found amusing, Powell was a pain and only the man's sense of loyalty to Huey himself is what kept him from tearing off a third of the party when Smith made the wonderful job of ending the Civil Rights Act. But, nevertheless, the fact Smith was still the Presidential Candidate meant that a split could still end up happening, although they would have to try their best to avoid it.

"Russ is running for the Senate this year, he liked his time as Governor but old Louisiana is too small for him. So, Mr. Vice-President, can I count on you to get him as Pro Tempore?"

Now that was the exchange of favors that LBJ had been expecting, Huey was being uncharacteristically nepotistic today. If Russell Long was President Pro Tempore of the Senate, if added with the Supreme Court expansion from 11 to 15, the three branches of Government would belong to them. He was betting high, a Long running the House, a Long running the Senate, a Long ally in the White House and 15 Long allies in the SCOTUS. Johnson had long realized that the man before him was a Dictator, it was written all over in the way he ran Louisiana, and especially in the way he ran the United States as President. If anything, he would be surprised if Huey himself did not return for a Fourth, arguably Fifth, term.

"I can get a few Elephants, but we need a carrot for the Donkey."

That was just how politics worked, Huey sighed, but he adored this, he adored these talks and arrangements, he adored the public spectacles and making the Legislature bend to their will. All for the good of the people of course, no man could ever look at him and say he did not work for the People while in Office, but he knew if he left an opening then his opposition would tear this down, and to his last breath he would fight to keep this, not get crippled doing some treatment to spend some extra pointless months in a hospital bed.

"I think we already gave a farm of those, but so be it, I will call in Cramer to give the good news and a departing gift. You think Thurmond will keep the rest of those old Donkeys in line for the vote?"

"If the Elephants run with Barry, I am sure he will."

The meeting lasted a few minutes for more details, Cabinet positions, the FBI, how to put a leash on the priest, and in the end the only signal that Long gave of his sickness was a cough that he was barely able to hold back any longer. Of course he was not telling Johnson about his illness, he would not tell anyone in this electoral year, but after the seat was granted and victory was reaped, he promised himself, he would tell Russ. Rose? She knew how to keep a secret, it would devastate her but he would recover, what mattered most was that he remained an immortal, if not in body then in spirit, and if not in his spirit, then at least he would keep a good legacy in this Earth.

1713727602226.png

Adam could not believe the words he heard, actually he could, it was already what he was dreading for years. That hateful man was going to keep his seat in the Oval Office for four more years? The one chance they had was if Lyndon could talk to Huey so they could kick Smith off in the primaries, but that chance instead turned into bribery, he could tell Johnson was bribed, it was in his nature to just acquiesce to whatever Long wanted so that he could keep his couchy seat in the Senate for another decade. The meeting with Lyndon that night, after he just came back from his visit to Huey's apartment, was basically just a "shut up and go with the flow" in the most political way possible.

Powell was a Civil Rights man, one of the foremost sponsors of it after all that has happened, after all that happened he still believed there could be some sort of solution in politics, that Smith would be just another Thurmond and they could weather the storm, but the POTUS was far worse than that Dixie man. First, he took the name of the Lord in vain, for a baptist pastor like Powell, that was already a reason to not trust Smith, but that alone was not reason they could not partner in politics, they were in the same party, they both had beliefs in assistentialism to the poor, they both admired Huey Long. But that was where similarities ended, because Gerald Smith was a man so full of hatred that he said, with his own words, that he did not wish to speak with a "Negro" like him in person.

Powell was hardly what you would consider a stereotypical black man or a black activist, in truth he was something even worse for men like Smith, he was the fruit of an interracial relationship, a mulatto, he did not even look that different from those men, but they considered even one drop as a stain for all blood. Segregation was partially justified by these rambling fears of interracial relationships which forced whites and blacks to be apart, thankfully his State did not have Jim Crow laws or else he would not have existed. It wasn't even that Smith was personally racist, even Johnson could be patronizing despite being a supposed "ally", but Smith was the President who did the most damage to Civil Rights in Modern American History.

And the fact Huey was allowing him to just keep the command of this ship made him want to jump overboard, but he restrained his answer for the next few days. This had to be thought out well, the people he represented had to make an action, but they had to be methodical, they had to decide the best moment. If they threatened to split the party just before the election, then this could be the one chance to force Long's hand. He had his own people around him, McMath's old following, Hoffa's men, these people were all part of the left wing of the Party with him. The Populists were once a party for the people, or so he believed, and this election may be their last hope to make it so again. He would need some phone calls, but hopefully they could talk some sense in Huey's old head, but what if they couldn't?

1713730555096.png

"Welcome to Freedom News, my fellow Americans, this is your host Harry Morrison, today we have a special guest for our Coffee talks, Mr. Rockwell. He is a fellow veteran from the Pacific War who bravely fought against the Japanese, elected Congressmen of the Republican Party and a fellow Defender of Liberty. Thank you for coming, Congressman."

This interview was one big stunt for Rockwell, a man who knew ahead of time about deals none of these men was even aware of, he had to be careful to not say how Goldwater's deal was going to benefit him, the future Chief of Staff of the Government. He had to play as the underdog fighting against the powers that be, especially the Longists, which meant he had to keep his own voting records hidden. That is why he always picked the Freedom News, it was a relatively new channel but it has been booming ever since the Society backed them, there was even one time when Smith came over for an interview and received compliments for his tough initiatives against crime and insurgency. But he was not here to praise Smith, despite his own intimate agreements and understanding with him, he was here to brand himself as a pure-blooded Republican and American, a Defender of Liberty. Which is why he had his pin always with him, what started as a symbol of protest against sellouts in the party and now became the symbol of the true Republicans in the Party: It was a small American flag but the stars being replaced by two crossed muskets. There was also another pin, this one he made for himself, a bald eagle.

"Thank you Harry, may I call you Harry? It's good to be here and talk some truths to the American people about Washington, let me warn our viewers to take your children out, because things will get filthy."

He chuckled along with Harry, Rockwell knew he had a natural charisma, he was charming and relatively good looking, that is why the media was such a powerful tool for him. He used every chance to get attention in Congress, to raise up his own name, and so he did, he liked to call himself as Huey Long's number one enemy in the House of Representatives, he even got enough support to beat one of his initiatives to raise up taxes in the budget. Yes, technically it came from Smith, but everyone knew Smith was just a stooge for Long and his pesky shadow dictatorship.

"So, Mr. Rockwell, you have been a member of Congress for a few years and already seemed to have ticked some nerves, aren't you afraid the FBI will call you a traitor any day now?"

"Traitor? The only treason I see happening now is Mr. Smith in Washington appointing four new justices for no reason. We have been fighting against that but, you know Harry, politics can get dirty with the Populists in charge. Haven't you heard that your grandpa has been voting for Long?"

"Well, that would be a first, he died some ten years ago and always voted Republican!"

"Check the lists Harry, that's how the ballots work nowadays, even the dead vote for Huey."

"But Huey Long is not the President, he hasn't been for 8 years."

"Is there a single soul in America who still falls for this chickanery? Look, Mr. Long has been running this show for twenty years, the man has been in charge of America for so long that Hitler was still in ruling the Krauts when he was elected. I mean, my kids are already graduating from college and all they have known is Huey Long, no wonder he has King as his slogan."

"So you think he will win these elections again? Why bother even voting at all?"

"No no no, that's what he wants, for true Americans to lay down and let him keep trampling on our liberties, no, what we need is to vote, because even if he keeps being the Speaker, we can take back the White House for the first time in twenty years and end this tyrant's rule."

"Are you talking about Goldwater? Didn't he lose the last time against Smith?"

"This time he has the true Americans by his side, we saw what a disaster Smith and Long's rule have become, it was bad enough when Long's last stooge was a Commie trying to turn us into Bolsheviks or, God-forbid, Chinese, this one is a fucking lunatic! Pardon my French."

"We heard rumors that Walker is the one running with Goldwater this year, is he what you would call a True American?"

"There is no man in this nation I would trust more to be by Barry's side in the White House than Walker. The General is a War Hero, Japan, Russia, Jerusalem, you name it. He is not a politician, which is a bonus for all of us, we can't have any more of these old school guys because the half of them is a crook and the other half wants to be a crook but nobody bothers to bribe them. Forget Nixon or any of those turncloaks, the Republican Party is going to be America's Party. Walker is a man who loves and bled for Freedom and will bring a much-needed backbone to DC."

"In other news, how's the wife?"

"Margaret is lovely as always, I am really thankful for having such a companion by my side."

"Thank you, Mr. Rockwell, I hope we may have you here another time."

"You will, Harry, you will."

1713733249905.png

Joshua Hill pretended not to hear what those around said about him, usually something the type of "What is this nigger doing in here?" or something more comical like "Is that our suspect?", but he was here to do a job and that is what mattered. He was one of the few black men to be working in the FBI, ironically an organization that was nicknamed "Men in Black" that had very few black men. If he was not so good, according to his boss, at his job, he probably would have been dismissed in some drummed up charge like others in his department. He had joined back in 1962 when Hoffa was President, he had been around in the crowd, disguised as just a civilian when the protests in DC happened in '64 over Hoffa's impeachment, and he had seen Hoffa get shot, being too far away to stop anything just because he was distracted by some activist trying to pull him to a chat.

That was a black stain in his career, only he knew that he had an actual chance of stopping the shooter even if his bosses agreed nothing could have been done, the marking was still there and he tried to compensate by working twice as hard for the next POTUS, unfortunately, that happened to be Smith. Smith despised the Blacks and one could tell from his words and actions alike, he can't recall many new FBI agents being black men after Hoffa's death. But still, he remained, he was here because he was still useful and had to work twice as hard for that.

It was an especially hard time, the end of the Civil Rights Act and the new National Security Act had started an outright war across the nation, in the deep south and in major cities such as Detroit and New York, the Black population was facing persecution under the guise of fighting the "Black Panthers", an organization they have been chasing for years which was officially classified as terrorists. Naturally, a black man in the FBI, the main investigative organ of the Federal Government, was seen with suspicion by many who just saw him as just another "negro", despite the fact he hated Malcom and his thugs as much as anyone else in the organization, injustice is not a reason to be bombing innocents just to send a message.

What is worse is that they could never get close enough to Malcom to arrest him or just shoot him, he was missing from public eye almost entirely over these last four years and, to make things more complicated, the only times he showed up in public were quick appearances made by surprise in the middle of rallies that gathered thousands, many of them being armed, it was suicide for the local police to get involved, which is why so many governors were using the National Guard in the deep south. He knew taking down Malcom would change nothing, as much as he was a great speaker, he was just one man and the issue was running far deeper. This was a war of the government against the Panthers, but Smith's actions were as if he was at war against the Black Population itself.

Right now they were investigating just another incident, a car bomb apparently, it was in Charleston, South Carolina. He had been one of the first agents in the area and the local police was already cataloguing everything. They did not believe him when he came up in a suit, even when he showed his badge they were still cynical and were about to arrest him, or worse, when one of his partners, a white man named Douglas, had vouched for him. Things were tense in the South, he could somewhat understand the police force being quick to pull the trigger with all these attacks, but of course there was the fact they did that with every black person they saw who came close to the place.

"Before you all showed up, we had to disperse a crowd of niggers trying to check the place out, for safety reasons, I'm sure you understand."

The police chief had said to Douglas, all while giving glances to Joshua which mixed hatred and fear. Most people were usually not bad folk, but he could tell when someone was pointing a gun at a black man out of actual paranoia over the Black Panthers and those who pointed a gun just itching for an excuse to get rid of a Black man and make America a little less... "filthy". At this point he wondered if there wasn't some sense in McCarthy in the past when he said America was being infiltrated by Nazis. Douglas would be the one to do the talking now.

"Any leads you could find?"

"No, this all just seems random, from what we heard there were units dispatched in Columbia too, another bomb."

"Do you know what day it is, officer?"

Joshua dared to say, with the officer, technically outranked by him, looking at him with a sense of disgust just by reminding himself of this date, of the nightmare it was a year ago. Riots had broken out, stores were pillaged and burned, officers were shot and there was even a shootout between the Panthers and the National Guard, that was truly a dire time, and Joshua could now tell that those were hardly over.

"Some nigger got shot a year ago, why?"

"It was Doctor King, the Panthers claim that the Government killed him, that is what this is about, sending a message."

"You sure do know a lot of how the Panthers act."

"We have been investigating them for years, officer."

Before the Police Chief could retort with some lower manners, Douglas stepped up and dismissed him. He had seen worse incidents, whenever he went down south the locals could act like that. That is when he didn't have to deal with another black man or woman, usually those had the same hatred for him, but the difference was in the uniform he would wear, they called him all different words for a Traitor like Judas or Brutus, they despised him. His situation was not one anyone would envy, and why did he stay? Because he had hope, that soon America would fix itself and the coming President would be someone who could repair this nation, God knows they needed someone like that.

1713739928248.png

"My fellow Americans, today I speak to you of a grave danger that threatens our nation, an evil which fully revealed it's extent with yesterday's attacks in cities across the South, the Eastern Seaboard and the Midwest. An organization of terror, inspired by our enemies across the sea, have risen up to assault the lives of innocents in ruthless assaults. These are people with no God but their own pride, who seek to destroy our very nation and declare the secession of the so-called New Africa, a black racial state which would cover the southern states and persecute millions of innocents for the crime of being born White. The Black Panthers, as they call themselves, have killed an estimated 160 innocents last day and the numbers are still being updated. I pray that our Lord will comfort the families of the victims, that they may find solance in the arms of our merciful creator. To those who carried this relentless and wanton assault on the very foundations of America, I offer nothing more than the righteous justice of the American People, that you may know that the Government of the people, by the people, for the people, of this blessed nation, will spare no means or resources in ensuring you are hunted down and your terror ceases."

"I have sent to Congress today, the proposal for an amendment for our National Security Law, to fully equip the security forces of our Nation to ensure that attacks such as the ones carried out yesterday will never be repeated. I count with the Congress to heed my call for unity in these dire times, in order to ensure a safe democratic process in November. I call upon the American people to show that we have no fear of such groups, on the Fourth of July when we celebrate our Independence, let us also celebrate our Unity against the forces that threaten us, so that we may show the world that we are still one Nation, united under God, with freedom and justice for all. God bless you, and God bless America."

And cut, the message was sent. President Gerald Smith would sigh as if he had been holding his breath while speaking, the camera crew began to disperse and set their equipment back down while the President remained on his seat. If only those damned negroes could all drop dead now, everything would have been simpler, but unfortunately the Lord was always more merciful than he was. But a good crisis could not go to waste, he liked to believe he learned a lot of politics in these last years, first as Vice-President and now as POTUS. This amendment to the Law would allow the FBI to have it's powers expanded, allowing for the death penalty for the crime of treason on the Federal Level, as well as authorizing the search without warrant against criminals as long as proven that there was "reasonable suspicion of imminent attack" that could be justified after the arrest. Was it Unconstitutional? The SCOTUS for sure would not say so now, not with the new 4 men he just appointed to it.

When it came to protecting America from these vile influences, no extremism or law could be in the way. It had to be Goldwater, the filthy Jew who was going to run against him again, this time under some sort of "patriotic" agenda. As if a Jew could ever be loyal to anything but his greed and his cabal in Zion, but unfortunately he could not say it out loud, the press would be the first ones calling him a Nazi. Well, it is not nazism to see the truth about these Jews, but this was a campaign season, he had to stay put and quietly play up his little title of "Righteous" that the Israelis gave him for supposedly saving them from the Nazis. It was not a charity matter, he went there not for love of Jews but because no Christian man would ever sit idle and let these Antichristian forces assault the land of Canaan.

But since this was an election season, it meant swallowing a bitter pill when he received a message from Long, he had arranged a meeting this afternoon and soon the man would be here, a man he used to give high praises to. He still held Long in high esteem, but the Louisiana salesman could be a pain in the ass when it came to negotiations and politics. He awaited for Long to arrive in the Oval office and sure enough Huey was there, limping inside with his cane as if he owned the place, today he looked even more of an old decrepit man than he was last time, it made Smith feel a sense of pity for him.

"Mr. Speaker, please sit, would you like coffee or water?"

"Just water, thank you."

Smith gave a nod an soon enough an intern would bring in the beverages, Smith opted for coffee, he has been awake since the attack last night and wanted to stay sharp to talk with the man before him. Long was a friend, he once thought, but now he could see that Long's priority would always be himself.

"Quite the stupor your proposal caused, I haven't seen the House on fire like this since the ban of the NAACP."

"They always cause trouble when it comes to the negroes, Huey, that brings them more votes than expanding the Court."

"The court was something apart, it was not as... mediatic. Listen I can get that passed, extra protection is... important this year. But we need to talk about the election, that is why I am here."

And there he goes, about to talk with the tongue of the serpent of Eden.

"You will need a Populist as Vice-President, Cramer was an... unfortunate accident that we had to agree too, but now we need a full ticket, so you will pick Johnson."

"Johnson? The same one who backed Hoffa?"

Smith was shocked that Huey Long had suddenly reconciled with the man, the Shark had once gone against them over the Civil Rights act, if not for his personal intervention in the Senate then the amendment would have never passed, that proposal would have allowed the Blacks to take over this country! Next would come the Feminists, the Sodomites, the Catholics... next thing you know, this country would be tearing itself apart.

"I can take in the Shark, but I swear in God's name, if he tries another one of those negro-loving acts-"

"I have talked to him, don't worry Mr. President, you will still keep the office, he will just be there to watch over the Senate."

Or rather to have him in line as a replacement, of course Long would never have approved an impeachment, Cramer was a Democrat and Long would never let that moribond party have the White House. But with Lyndon, now that they apparently reconciled, Smith could get replaced if he was ever too much of a burden, just like Hoffa. There was a time where Smith would have accepted that without even thinking, but now he would accept after thinking, after seeing the trap. Smith was not going to go down without a fight and, unlike Hoffa, he would never put himself in a situation where he could get impeached. This was just a sign that he was right in seeking other sources of support among good, God-fearing, Americans. He would stand up with a smile and firmly shake Long's hand, noticing a certain weakness in them.

"It is settled, let's win this election, old friend."

1713744401792.png

Edwin Anderson Walker, former General of the United States Army, and the victim of a grave injustice. He had been discharged by that communist, Hoffa, all for denouncing the infiltration of Communist elements in the US Armed Forces. Now he finally would have a chance for payback against the Longist establishment, that corrupt cabal of Populists that was plundering the nation as they spoke. The economy was practically stagnated since the start of the decade, inflation was growing despite the outrageous interest rates, the debt was bigger than their GDP and, of course, there is the new southern adventure made by Smith which was so ill-advised from a military sense that Walker could not understand how anyone approved of it.

But he knew, because the General Staff was corrupted, the Politicians were corrupted, the whole damned DC was a swamp with it's buildings sinking under the water and filth. Huey Long was just the greatest of the sinners in there, it was simply his turn, the ones before him were not any better, but Walker would make sure that the Bayou Fisherman, the Snake oil seller of Louisiana, was going to be the last. The meeting with Goldwater was a success far beyond he expected, he, who failed in both 1964 and 1966 to gain a seat in Texas, was now going to gain the Vice-Presidency of the United States, all thanks to this wonderful association him and Barry were a part of. Sure, they disagreed on a lot, but the Society for the Defense of Liberty was not going to fail this time. They have grown too much, gone too far, to fail.

The meeting was in New York City, they had rented the Madison Square Garden for this great rally where he and Goldwater would walk in and show their new alliance that for sure would wipe away any opposition within the Republican Party. Let Nixon and his leftists join the Populists if they so want, today was the start of the fight that would take America back, on the ballot of course. He himself was surprised by just how many people were there, it was a grand rally which included national political figures, some international sympathizers, the true Americans in New York and, of course, the Sons of Liberty. There was no better name for an organization meant to fight against tyranny, they all came in wearing Red, White and Blue, including a group which came in dressed as the soldiers of the Continental Army, carrying a great American flag at the sound of the Star Spangled Banner, if the rest of the nation was like that, they would not be in such crisis.

There were not many words exchanged between Goldwater and Walker, the two men were very distinct, even if both believed that America had to be saved, cured from the Longist disease, but for the rest they were on opposite ends of the Society. That is why their ticket was great, it would unite the Party's wings to face the Populists in what was sure going to be an uphil battle, and popularity was going to be the least of their problems. Barry was going to be the last speaker, best for last of course, he was the Presidential Candidate so, after some introductions by the spokesman of the event, Walker would be the one to talk and he would do in full confidence, wearing a blue suit with a red tie.

"I must say, in all my ears I have never seen such a beautiful rally, where true Patriots, those who heeded the call of Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam, gathered together to tell one man, that America does not belong to him! His name is Huey Long! A vile snake who has insidiously corrupted this nation with his poison, behind honeyed words to delude millions! Who amongst you has not seen a loved one fall victim of his delusion? That is why we, the Society for the Defense of Liberty, must do our duty and face this enemy in this year's election. This is the greatest gathering of Patriots in American soil since George Washington called the Continental Army, and we will reforge this Continental Army, through our determination to say no to a tyrant! His corruption, pride and greed have poisoned Washington and God-willing, this year we shall win on the ballot against all his frauds and tricks, and we will restore the true America! Free from the evils of Communism, of Fascism, of Longism! Today we all swear allegiance to the Flag and the Republic it represents, and I for one swear, that I will not rest until our nation is free! That is why I believe in Goldwater, a true patriot who knows our values do not lie in government handouts, our values do not lie in the Communism of the Unions, or in the festering racial divides! A man is made to be free, that is his natural right, and there is no freedom in an America under Huey Long and his minions, the Populist Party. The campaign that we will begin is one that has only one Goal: To restore our Great Nation to it's Founding Values, to make the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution be worth more than the paper they were written, to bring back a nation that values Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness! Thank you, and God be with us!"

He liked to imagine that was a good speech, he rehearsed it for months to deliver it, ever since he made the offer to Goldwater. He went back to his seat on the back as Goldwater took the podium and the electrified crowd continued in their enthusiastic and ecstatic praise. By his side was Rockwell, the man who made this whole deal possible.

"Let's hope it works this time, we can't allow that bastard to keep Washington for another decade."

"Don't worry, General, I have a good feeling for this ballot."

"It better work, otherwise we may have to... seek other means."

Last edited:
Seems that given by the tags and the first chapter the United States might fall then potentially rise again. While if Nazi Germany falls it would probably taken everyone else with it.

USA

1) There will be an US election with 5 major candidates.

2) Smith will ally with the Nazis to steal an election.

3) There will be a Nuclear disaster in American soil.

4) Huey Long will go to jail.

5) The US Capitol Building will be invaded
Cross post from last volume, with this chapter, now it looks like (4) would be fake, no president have been convicted before, and even Long did get convicted, He would be long dead from cancer before facing jail.
Which brings us to (2), how will Smith team up with Nazis to steal this election?
It better work, otherwise we may have to... seek other means."
Well, looks like US gonna have its own military dictator pretty soon.

Edit: I didn’t see that last tag, this is going to be even worse than I thought

Last edited:
The next chapter will GP into detail in the 1964-1968 era, the Smith Administration.

The question before that is: Smith or Goldwater? Who would you vote for?