Trying to Please Everyone: Or Converting multiple Pop Culture Utopias into a Timeline.

Question: Star Trek/Star Wars Crossover When?
  • I thought I'd introduce a question here. Suppose a Star Wars/Star Trek crossover were to happen. When would you prefer it occur.

The late 1980's, most likely featuring the older Original Series crew and the Original Trilogy crew still in their prime.

Sometime in the 1990's, featuring The Next Generation crew and the Original Series since they were still appearing in films at this time and the Original Trilogy class prior to a Sequel Trilogy in 1997.

The Late 2010's. OTL many actors were calling for it to be made now including Leonard Nimoy telling JJ Abrams to just make the crossover already. "It's time. You've worked on both. I'm not getting any younger. Make Star Wars meets Star Trek already". A twitter conversation between Shatner and Carrie Fisher and Patrick Stewart and Mark Hamill having a conversation about what it would be like after their Uber Eats Commercials together. If made this would still be the Original Trilogy characters, though they would be much older, possibly with heavy use of de aging. This version would also likely focus on the Next Generation cast more than the Original Series cast due the age ages of the former by this time.

Of course there's also the possible stance that the two are too different to crossover at all.

I chose to do it this way since the question is multiple choice if anyone offers suggestions outside this range.

Studio Ghibli Plans
  • Hopefully this question won’t be too spoilerly for you to answer, but what are your ideas and plans for Studio Ghibli’s line-up ITTL?
    Shouldn't yet since its very possible it will get shuffled up but here.

-ITTL Studio Ghibli was founded in 1968. Founders Miyazaki and Takahata left Toei Animation that year but went to work elsewhere, finding Studio Ghibli OTL in the 1980's. ITTL they founded It the first time they quit rather than the second.
    - OTL Miyazaki in the 90's dropped from making a film every 2 years to roughly every 4, and I took this into account when spacing them out.
    -Due to Walt Disney living until 1994, when I say Disney, until that year I usually mean Walt Disney himself.
    -Yoshifumi Kondo was intended to succeed Miyazaki and Takahata but then he suddenly and unexpectedly died. Miyazaki took a break until Spirited Away. His death being butterflied led many to believe Miyazaki would retire for good, but he ended up coming back anyway and making a film every 4 years.
    - Due to Kondo needing to take better care of his health it is instead Mamoru Hosoda who becomes the golden child that leads Ghibli to a new age. He's fine with adapting a few western properties. Currently he's making a trilogy of essentially "Anime" takes on the Disney Renaissance film with Ponyo(The Little Mermaid), Belle(Beauty and the Beast) and possibly a Lion King or Aladdin equivalent at some point).
    -Looking through it the only true Ghibli films butterflied are Ocean Waves(meant to test the studio without Miyazaki or Takahata and ITTL they used Only Yesterday), My Neighbors the Yamadas(replaced by Like the Clouds, Like the Wind) and Earwig and the Witch(Made by Gorō Miyazaki, who ITTL wasn't pressured to follow his father's footsteps).

Previous:
    1972: Pippi Longstocking(OTL cancelled Film)
    1974: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind(Miyazaki had the basic idea by this time OTL).
    1976: From the Apennines to the Andes(OTL's 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother) and Castle in the Sky(Again Miyazaki had the idea).
    1978: Lupin The 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro
    1980: Rowlf(OTL Cancelled Film)
    1982: Gauche the Cellist(OTL film not made by Miyazaki).
    1984: My Neighbor Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies, co-production with Disney for Basil of Baker Street(Animation and some input).
    1986: The Legend of Ashitaka(OTL's Princess Mononoke. Miyazaki wanted this to be the title but lost to Takahata who wanted Princess Mononoke)
    1988: Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water(By Miyazaki, joint Walt Disney Production, merging OTL Atlantis: the Lost Empire) and Kiki's Delivery Service(By Isao Takahata).
    1989: Little Nemo(Miyazaki, joint-Walt Disney production), and Border 1939(OTL cancelled Takahata production).
    1990: Tailspin(TV Series. Mix of OTL Tailspin and Porco Rosso. Joint Ghibli-Walt Disney Production).
    1991: The Tale of Princess Kaguya(Takahata, Delayed but eventually released OTL).
    1993: Only Yesterday(Not made by Miyazaki or Takahata ITTL but as a test to see if the studio staff could make a film without them).
    1994: Treasure Planet(Hayao Miyazaki, joint Disney-Venture) and Pom Poko(Takahata).
    1995: The Cat in the Hat(Yoshifumi Kondo).

Future Plans
    1997: Spirited Away(Miyazaki, intended final film due to Kondo surviving, allowing him to retire).
    1999: Like the Clouds, Like the Wind(Takahata).
    2001; Howl's Moving Castle(Mamoru Hosoda, OTL not fired because Miyazaki "Didn't want to stifle his creativity". Hired ITTL after Miyazaki retires).
    2002: The Cat in the Hat Comes Back(Yoshifumi Kondō)
    2004: Tales from Earthsea(Miyazaki, goaded for one film out of retirement by the author of the book. He will start returning every 4 years).
    2006: The Girl Who Leaped Through Time(Mamoru Hosoda).
    2008: The Borrowers(Included as Miyazaki and Takahata wanted to make it for 40 years and come back to oversee production).
    2010: The Red Turtle(Dutch Co-Production with Michaël Dudok de Wit).
    2011: Wolf Children(Mamoru Hosoda)
    2012: The Wind Rises(Miyazaki).
    2013: Ready Player One(Mamoru Hosoda, a mix of the OTL book, Spielberg film, and Summer Wars).
    2014: Ponyo(Mamoru Hosoda. a mix of the OTL film and Mirai).
    2016: When Marmie was Here(Miyazaki, one of his favorite books actually).
    2018: Undertale(Mamoru Hosoda. Yes an adaptation of the Video Game, though it uses the game's resets and timelines to tell a new story and OTL's The Boy and the Beast).
    2020: The Boy and the Heron(Miyazaki, actual intended release to coincide with Tokyo Olympics, not cancelled due to no Pandemic. Possibly his true last film).
    2023: Belle(Mamoru Hosoda).

Further into the Future: Miyazaki could possibly have a film released in 2024 ITTL. Hosoda has either a film that is a spin on The Lion King or Aladdin, or also possibly an adaptation of Deltarune in the vain of his Undertale film.