Hopefully, the Eumenids could take control of the empire in the future. The treachery and incompetence of the Diadochi is almost baffling. I hope we can have a detailed description of the Greek Gods (Olympians, Cthonic Gods, heroes like Heracles etc.), Titans(Prometheus, Kronos, Atlas etc), and other creatures (Cyclops, Nymphs, Hecatoncheires etc.) and what their roles are in Greco-Buddhism, as was mentioned a few posts earlier. This is a very interesting timeline, I can't wait for more!
I'm also interested in what forms the backlash to Buddhism will take. Obviously, as the Tarma begins to take root in Greece, here will be reactions to is: some philosophies will be opposed, others will be influenced but cut their own path, and still others will take the main tenants but diverse them into their own school. It will be fascinating to see what develops from all of that intellectual and spiritual discourse.
A lot of Platonic and some Pythagorean Backlash will be coming for sure

Everything in that snippet was wonderful. The Buddha was very well integrated into the Greek mythical past. I imagine he's a more prominent figure does he play a role in the Iliad too? Also, the refocusing of the trials into a more affair spiritual with a none violent reparative approach to justice is very intriguing and leaves a lot of room for future speculation and world-building too. I wonder how closely such lessons are actually used by these alt-Greeks.

Last edited:
Everything in that snippet was wonderful. The Buddha was very well integrated into the Greek mythical past. I imagine he's a more prominent figure does he play a role in the Iliad too? Also, the refocusing of the trials into a more affair spiritual with a none violent reparative approach to justice is very intriguing and leaves a lot of room for future speculation and world-building too. I wonder how closely such lessons are actually used by these alt-Greeks.
Thank you! Yes, the Buddha does play some prominent roles in other myths as well. Not all of what Heracles does in his Greco-Buddhist rendering is none violent - he does slay the Trojan Sea Serpent and the Hydra in this rendering as well - but the lesson is like that of Buddhism's irrevocable Evil, where something that cannot be redeemed must be cast out. A lot of future Greco-Buddhist history will be influenced by the changing religion as well.

Thank you! Yes, the Buddha does play some prominent roles in other myths as well. Not all of what Heracles does in his Greco-Buddhist rendering is none violent - he does slay the Trojan Sea Serpent and the Hydra in this rendering as well - but the lesson is like that of Buddhism's irrevocable Evil, where something that cannot be redeemed must be cast out. A lot of future Greco-Buddhist history will be influenced by the changing religion as well.
The Buddha is he going to be more of a problem-solver type of figure where characters go seeking advice?

Love the story of Heracles though I do somewhat miss his death of immolation (figure you could play off the imagery by saying that the fire purged his remaining attachments to the world and allowed him t ascend). All in all, though - amazing job; I love how it stayed true to the story of Heracles but gave the tale a Buddhist twist throughout.

Really interesting how the two cultures interweave their stories together and how the concept of heroic deeds changes in Greece over time. Just a small minor note, you use the term "the kid" when talking bout Athena taking Hercules to Hera. While not wrong this is oddly informal and out of place with the rest of the narrative and a phrase like "the child" would fit way better.

Love the story of Heracles though I do somewhat miss his death of immolation (figure you could play off the imagery by saying that the fire purged his remaining attachments to the world and allowed him t ascend). All in all, though - amazing job; I love how it stayed true to the story of Heracles but gave the tale a Buddhist twist throughout.
thanks i did think of that, but buddhist folk heroes tend not to do that so i drew upon that!