I now imagine somone tryng to recreate the "Original religion" taking all the indieueopean faiths and tryng to found the paralelism between all the gods it would be like the syncretism at it's maximun
Well, late Medieval German chroniclers identified gods of pagan Baltic tribes with Roman deities (Perkunas = Jupiter and so on). They also noticed similarities between Lithuanian and Latin (Lithuanian is the most conservative modern IE language, linguistic living fossil, thus preserved some features present also in older (thus closer to PIE) Indo-European languages, like Latin).

Now I’m imagining a version of the Arthurian mythos where enemies of Arthur discover that his “blushing bride” isn’t as helpless as she acts.

Greco-Buddhist Profile #4: The Western Branches of Buddhism
yq3Dqih.png

The Western Branches of Buddhism
And its relationships to surrounding religions and faiths.

Just a small theological update. These are the Five major schools of Western Buddhism by 2024 AD in this timeline basically. I'm still really busy, so for the moment, its worldbuilding things like these. Thoughts? Wonder how many of you caught the hints in this?

Just a small theological update. These are the Five major schools of Western Buddhism by 2024 AD in this timeline basically. I'm still really busy, so for the moment, its worldbuilding things like these. Thoughts? Wonder how many of you caught the hints in this?
You're the best!

LOVING this work! Can we expect a new SI in the future? (preferably habsburg?)

yq3Dqih.png

The Western Branches of Buddhism
And its relationships to surrounding religions and faiths.
I like the differences between the different branches of buddhism shown here! The differences between Celtic and Hellenistic buddhism is interesting to see too. I'd see hellenistic buddhism incorporate more of the Olympic Pantheon, but I like how Judaism also reacts to buddhism spreading to its borders, as are the other old pagan religions.

I like the differences between the different branches of buddhism shown here! The differences between Celtic and Hellenistic buddhism is interesting to see too. I'd see hellenistic buddhism incorporate more of the Olympic Pantheon, but I like how Judaism also reacts to buddhism spreading to its borders, as are the other old pagan religions.
Thanks! Yes, how other religions react will also be a key feature in coming updates

Intersting i'm interst in the yeshuanism, the zoroastrianism and the celtic schism also theres an equivalente of the shinto/budism relation otl?
The Celtic Gods in the Celtic Buddhism act as Shinto-Buddhist paradigm, I guess that could be the closest to it. Like how Islam acknowledges Jesus as a Prophet but does not accept Christianity or his title as Son of God, Zoroastrianism, being sandwiched between Western and Eastern Buddhism does adopt some parts of it, eventually with modern Zoroastrianism acknowledging Buddha as a Prophet of Ahura Mazda as one of His chosen.
Yeshuanism, is like a loose Bahai equivalent I guess. Derived from Judaism, it's exact relation with Judaism is murky like how Bahai is the same with Islam.

The Celtic Gods in the Celtic Buddhism act as Shinto-Buddhist paradigm, I guess that could be the closest to it. Like how Islam acknowledges Jesus as a Prophet but does not accept Christianity or his title as Son of God, Zoroastrianism, being sandwiched between Western and Eastern Buddhism does adopt some parts of it, eventually with modern Zoroastrianism acknowledging Buddha as a Prophet of Ahura Mazda as one of His chosen.
Yeshuanism, is like a loose Bahai equivalent I guess. Derived from Judaism, it's exact relation with Judaism is murky like how Bahai is the same with Islam.
Buddhist Cù Chulainn. I'm saying it right now. Buddhist Cù Chulainn.

He notado que el budismo celta parece usar menos traducciones que el griego. ¿De dónde viene eso?

Last edited:
I would like to see more myths adapted to grecobudhism my personal suggerences are Perseus, the argonauts and the Trojan war

Last edited: